InWelcome to the first edition of Smogon Masters! This is a Swiss bracket, Bo3 tournament with each set consisting of ORAS OU, SM OU, and SS OU. Players will decide which metagame to play first, then the loser picks a different generation for the following game. If both players cannot agree on a metagame to play first, each round will have a default generation randomized at the start of each round. After several rounds of the swiss bracket, a top cut according to record and resistance will be created and a Bo3 single elimination tournament will determine who wins Smogon Masters and the trophy
Art by Blazenix
Rules & Tournament Format
General Tournament Rules
- This is a tournament that will employ the standard rulesets for ORAS OU, SM OU, and SS OU.
- Smogon Masters I will be a swiss tournament with a to-be-determined top cut size depending on signups.
- Players will be automatically dropped when they hit three losses as they are no longer in contention for top cut.
- Players will be assigned a random opponent out of the pool of players with the same record as you each round.
- Rounds will be Best of Three -- one game of each tier.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
- Saving replays is required and must be posted in each winpost starting in the second round
- There are no extensions due to the nature of a swiss tournament, so please get your games done on time.
- Finchinator is the primary host of this tournament and co-hosts are being determined this week. Lady Salamence will be among them.Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.
For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.
In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.
Signups will be open for about 1 week! Post "in" to sign-up. The sooner you sign-up, the more likely you are to guarantee yourself a slot.
If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to any of the hosts listed above.